Dear RiverGrace family,
I want to once again express my thanks to all those who helped make the fun day a success on the Dragon Boat holiday. Especially thanks to those who helped set up, cook and clean up!
There were over 100 in attendance that day, and from the feedback, though there were a few sore RG members afterward, everyone enjoyed the competitions, meal, and fellowship. Let’s pray together for lasting spiritual fruit from the outreach.
Special thanks to Edwin for the arrangements of the Filipino basketball team being there, and for Peggy Yeung and Rev. Kelvin Tse who organized the youth to come and join.
This coming Sunday, Pastor Tommy will be sharing from the touching passage in Psalm 139. “Does God really know me?” Still will lead the worship songs, and we will have a prayer send off for Jackie Cheung, who will spend the last Sunday with us. She has taken up a full-time post in another church.
We’ll have our regular fellowship lunch after the service, after which there will be the Marriage Alpha course hosted by Andrew and Lucia. The Sunday connect groups will meet. Paster Tommy, James and I need to attend HKEC’s Extraordinary General Meeting.
On July 2, the holiday after the anniversary of Hong Kong’s handover to China, we will have a retreat for the worship team from 9:30-12:00. It will be held at the school, so if others want to come to hang out at the school on that morning, you are welcome.
The lineup for this coming Sunday, June 24
⁃ 9:30am - Worship team practice - Still
⁃ 9:15am - Setup on covered playground
- 10:15am - Pre-service prayer in room B23
- 11:00am - Worship service - Pastor Tommy
- 12:45pm - Fellowship lunch
- 2:15pm - Connect groups / Marriage Alpha
- 3:00pm - HKEC Extra-ordinary Meeting
Activities next week…
- June 27 - 11:00am and 7pm Connect Groups / Spanish Fellowship
- Sunday, July 1 - Concerts of Prayer - P. Dave, focusing on Muslims / Deacon’s meeting
- Sunday July 2 - 9:30am - worship team mini retreat till 12:00pm
Love and blessings,