RiverGrace Weekly Newsletter
May 5, 2016
We had a good and fun anniversary celebration on Sunday. I wish all of you could have been there to experience it with us.
We appreciate Jimmy and Lynda coming to join us, and Jimmy's message and reminders of God's love and forgiveness.
Everyone enjoyed the afternoon games as well, thanks to Jessie and Alfred.
As for the anniversary video. I'm happy to give you a copy of that. There are three possibilities for that.
1) You can download a small email version by clicking on this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/taomqjjnmfv46a8/RG%205th%20anniversary%20-%202016%205%20-%20Small.mov?dl=0 It's 16 megabytes only.
2) For a better quality version you can click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgsbg2195mca3zi/RG%205th%20anniversary%20-%202016%205%20-%20231mb.mp4?dl=0. It is 231 megabytes, so it will take a while to download!
3) If you have a computer and bring me a USB thumb drive, I'll be happy to copy the video for you.
I will post the anniversary photographs on the RiverGrace Factbook page when I get them. Thanks to those who share the photos I'm using on WhatsApp.
On Monday, May 2, nearly 40 people joined us for the family fun day at United Christian College. We all had fun, and many got some got sore muscles to remind them of the fun for the next couple of days!
On Sunday we'll be sharing about the theme for the year... "welcoming God's presence". Do we really welcome his presence? We always sing about welcoming God's presence in our worship songs. The question may seem like a crazy one to you, but is it really? If you read the Bible, you'll see many times when people did not welcome God's presence. Sometimes they even tried to run away from it. I will be sharing the message along this theme.
Michael will be lead our worship songs this Sunday, and we'll have our fellowship lunch afterwards.
In the afternoon we'll have a leadership team meeting at 2:45 and we'll also have the last video of the English Alpha series, led by Rita.
Our Wednesday schedule will be the men's and ladies' fellowship at 11:00am, continuing the Great Truth's course, and in the evening starting at 7:00 we'll have the Life Group, led by P. Tommy, the last Chinese Alpha session, led by Derek, and the English class, led by Michael.
Lineup for this coming Sunday, May 8
- 10:00am - Worship Team practice
- 11:00am - Pre-service prayer meeting
- 12:00pm - Service - P. Dave
- 2:45pm - Leadership Team Meeting
- 2:45pm - English Alpha
Activities this coming week...
- 11:00am, Wednesday - men's and ladies'
fellowship - "Great Truths"
- 7:00pm Life Group, Chinese Alpha, English class
- Next Sunday, May 15, 12:00pm - P. Tommy
Upcoming future events...
- Harmony Day - June 26
Hope to see you on Sunday and Monday!
Love and blessings,
Here are a few photos of the 5th anniversary service on Sunday, as well as the family fun day on Monday.